Here are some prompts to get you thinking about engaging your inner creative.
Power of Dreams Prompts
- Choose a dream to play with, it can be a past dream that still stands out for you, a more recent dream, or even a daydream you tend to have. Dream fragments count, it doesn’t have to be a start-to-finish dream. Write about it in present tense, as if is a story, or movie you are starring in.
- What title would you give this dream?
- Write a bit about a character, or location, of the dream.
- Get creative and play the dream forward, what happens next?
- Draw a scene that stands out to you in the dream. Feel free to add words or comments or text bubbles reflecting additional information even if you don’t remember if that actually happened in the dream.
Power of Image Prompts
- Step into the image you see of the room with a window. Look around and see what room you are in. Is anybody with you? Are there any messages here for you, either written, verbal or intuitive?
- Look outside the window. What is the landscape? Is there anyone or anything out there waiting for you? A path you want to explore? What happens next?
Power of Story Prompts
- Write a story about what is happening in this picture.
- What title would you give this story?
- Who is the main character? What are their strengths and weaknesses or fears? What do they want?
- Move back through the story that you wrote to see what speaks to you and what you identify with, or would like to identify with.